Thursday, May 14, 2009

What does An Anxiety Attack Feels Like?

by Steve S Scott

This is a question that crops up rather a lot and personally I find it a hard one to answer. For instance, if someone tries a new food for the first time, they often say it tasted like chicken. For me, trying to explain what an anxiety attack feels like is similar to trying to explain what strawberries taste like to someone who has never eaten a strawberry. It's a totally unique flavour. A strawberry tastes like a strawberry so how can I explain it.

In addition to this there are many different and varied symptoms that can occur when someone is gripped by an anxiety or panic attack. For example, some people can have heart palpitations whilst others might experience difficulty in breathing. In my own experience the feeling wasn't so much physical but psychological. Everything became surreal.

I've been clear of anxiety attacks for about 6 years now but I vividly remember how they affected me. When I suffered an anxiety attack I felt totally alone and cut off from everything. My surroundings were exactly the same but I felt completely detached from them. I felt as if I didn't have a link or bond with anyone or anything.

This is the best way that I can sum up what an anxiety attack feels like and I hope it made some sense. If this sounds familiar to you and you have experienced similar feelings then unfortunately you are likely to be suffering from an anxiety disorder. If you haven't consulted with your doctor already then it might be time to do so. Don't let this condition fester and ruin your life.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment